NYCC is in 3 Weeks! Are You Going?
Even though I’m relatively new to it, I love going to conventions. I’ve only gone to anime conventions before, but I would probably go to a convention to anything I found remotely interesting if asked.
I never had that much interest in New York Comic Con because it was too big, cosplaying in NYC is too annoying, I’m not really into comics, and so on. This year, however, I bit the bullet and bought a Saturday pass. Some of my friends are going, I don’t have anything else going on that weekend, and I just like conventions.
The schedule came out yesterday and I did find a few things I want to go to.
- Kodansha/Funimation OR Yen Press Industry Panel. Why the heck did they make these two at the same time? I’m kind of annoyed by that, but oh well. I might go to the Yen Press one for a better chance at winning something, since I think Kodansha will be way packed. I’m really interested in finding out more about the manga industry in the US.
- The Mary Sue – Representation in Geek Media. I love the blog and would really like to meet the people in person! There’s supposed to be a meetup group on top of that.
- Aniplex of America Industry Panel. Same deal as the manga panels – I’d like to find out more about the industry, plus potential freebies!
Other things I’m looking forward to are:
- Cosplay! I’ll reveal it here on the blog soon. I still need to buy a wig, sunglasses, and a fake cigar. It’s also my first non-anime/video games costume and will be totally NJ Transit friendly.
- Brooklyn Defender by Brooklyn Brewery. My friends that will be at NYCC don’t drink, so I’m going to have to do this one on my own. But if there’s a limited release craft beer to try, I’m there.
- Shopping like a madwoman. Figures, prints, whatever, I’m planning on letting myself get some cool stuff from artists and vendors. And if there’s nothing I particularly want, browsing should be fun.
- Food. It’s going to be a Go! Go! Curry day, I know it already.